ambient reality

pimping code and tech crap

Monday, March 20, 2006

Creative: Makers of the Best and Worst Sound Cards

I set out to build a home theater PC and when it came time to select a sound card, the choice was simple: Creative SoundBlaster. I wanted it to have several outputs such as optical and coax, so there was really one option, the SoundBlaster Audigy 2 NX.


After hooking it up to a Windows XP Media Center Edition PC, I noticed that it started to distort the sound and cause videos to be jerky.

I finally got fed up and went and bought a SoundBlaster X-Fi XtremeMusic and let me tell you, this card kicks ass!


It only has digital out, front, rear, and center/sub outputs, plus a gameport. There's no mic or line in. The surround sound is amazing and clear. I highly recommend the X-Fi, so go buy one right now. I can't wait to play a little Doom3 with the lights out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home